OKUMA'S MCR-S (SUPER) DOUBLE-COLUMN MACHINING CENTER
RECEIVES A 50TH MACHINE DESIGN AWARD
Okuma's MCR-S (Super) Double-Column Machining Center [5-Face Machining] received a Machine Design Award (IDEA) sponsored by The Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun (The Daily Industrial News). Two of our products won a prize at the same time; the other being our MB-80V Vertical Machining Center.
The MCR-S was developed by thoroughly addressing the issues in die/mold machining such as cycle time, accuracy, area step error and machined surface quality. There are three main design concepts:
● Equipped with Okuma's Thermo Friendly Concept, a thermal deformation control technology that maintains high accuracy and stability through the entire workspace area.
● A newly developed 3D Calibration* system, a volumetric accuracy calibration technology that provides super-accurate comparisons with actual machine spatial accuracies.
● Achieves highly reliable levels of on-machine gauging* comparable to a coordinate measuring machine by fusing the technologies of volumetric accuracy calibration and Okuma thermal deformation control.
Human-assisted machine design
● New Accuracy Stability Diagnosis Function* allows the machine to self-diagnose machine accuracy stability and provide easy-to-understand numericals and visuals.
● Equipped with Hyper-Surface*, a high-quality NC control technology for machined surfaces that greatly reduces die/mold polishing work.
Innovatively designed for die/mold production
● Optimal machine designs provide shorter total lead times, lower costs, higher speed and accuracy, as well as higher quality machining.
● With the laser unit mounted specification*The total lead time is dramatically shortened by the world's only super process-intensive machining that can cut, measure, heat treat, and repair parts with one machine.
* Optional: The MCR-S is a super-high accuracy, process-intensive, double-column machining center that revolutionizes the production of press dies.